Monday, June 18, 2012

In Due Season

Happy Monday! 

I read a great devotional this weekend that has really got me thinking so I wanted to share it here.  This is from Joyce Meyer's "Confident Woman" series:
"'Due Season' is God's season, not ours. We are in a hurry, God isn't.  He takes time to do things right - He lays a solid foundation before He attempts to build a building.  We are God's building under construction...God is never late."
Wow! God is never late.  Let those words sink in for a moment.  He is never late - as in, God's timing is perfect timing.  I am a planner.  I like to know what is going on and when it is happening.  I also like to know that everything is going "according to plan."  But sometimes I forget that my plan isn't always the right plan or maybe it is the right plan but the wrong season (God's likes to build that foundation, remember?).  Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that God is continually working on us, building the correct foundation so that we are strong, capable, and able to do the great things that He has planned for our lives.  Sometimes it seems like He isn't there, or that He has forgotten about the desires of our hearts, but these are times when we are being carefully crafted into something even better than what we could hope for or imagine.  These are the times that require diligence and faith - you cannot give up just because things aren't going according to your plan.

This message has been very important for me as I prepare for my last year at Miss Arkansas.  I never would have dreamed that I would still be competing at 24, but you know what? His plan has been far greater and more fulfilling than any of my own plans.  God is good - all the time.  I have faith that His good and perfect will is being done in my life.  I don't know what that will is just yet, but I am being diligent in my seed planting!
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9
So I encourage you to not give up.  Whatever it is that you are pursuing or dreaming for, be diligent and have faith that God is preparing you for great things ahead!  And if it seems like things are taking longer than you expected them too...remember that God is never late.

Tomorrow I am headed to Little Rock for some fun with friends and then I will be headed to Batesville on Wednesday to see my sweet princess.  It has been too long since Natalie and I have spent some good, quality time together and I am really looking forward to our play date!

Until next time,
~ Simone

0 comments:

Post a Comment